Every Wednesday we send out our weekly announcements via email. This email includes community events, volunteer opportunities, small group announcements, etc. If you would like to receive the weekly announcements, please indicate on the form below.
We also have an email forum that allows members of the community to send out needs and information to whomever else is signed up to receive forum emails. Usually, the forum is used to announce a need for help (for example: “looking for people to help me move a couch on Saturday”), an informal get together (“we are going for a hike if anyone wants to join us”), or in a listings sort of way (“couch for sale”, “looking for a room to rent”). If you’d like to be included in the forum please indicate in the form below.
Announcements & Updates:
Join us online Sundays at 10 AM! Our online service will be aired here: https://wellchurchvt.
Online Open Mic: Sunday, April 18th at 6 pm – Calling all musicians, writers, poets, artists, stand-up comedians, and anyone else with a talent to share — Join us for an online open mic on zoom on Sunday, April 18th. We also welcome anyone who doesn’t want to share but wants to be our captive audience! To sign up to share or with any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Zoom link here.
Earth Day Walk at Shelburne Bay Park – Join us for a socially distanced walkabout at beautiful Shelburne Bay Park. We’re choosing this spot for its dry conditions (gravel) and accessibility to everyone. This trip will be mostly about being together in nature and giving some thanks for the beauty around us on Earth Day. Please bring a mask. Directions: 1467 Bay Rd, Shelburne, VT 05482 We will meet at Shelburne Bay Park – the lot where the boat launch is – not the ones near the trailhead Register here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/795810
Green Up Day – Saturday May 1st – As a way of honoring God’s creation and serving our community, we’ll be gathering to collect litter on Green Up Day alongside members of the larger community. Green-Up Day is an annual statewide event where volunteers help “green up” streets, parks, and roadsides. Last year, volunteers collected 421 tons of trash! Meet at the O’Brien Community Center in Winooski at 9am. We will collect trash for 1 – 2 hours, rain or shine. Please dress appropriate to the weather. Bags and gloves will be provided. Register here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/812816 Contact Abby@wellchurchvt.com with questions.
Backyard Church – we will be meeting in backyards for Church on May 2 and 9 at 10 am. Please register to attend here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/registrations
Pop Up literary Magazine Call for Submissions! In scripture, God uses little things in big ways. David slew Goliath with just five stones from a brook. Yahweh spoke to Elijah in a still small voice. In the Gospels, Jesus celebrates faith the size of a mustard seed, feeds a large crowd with just five loaves and two fish, and tells us that God knows every hair on our heads. Where have you noticed God using little things in big ways in the world or in your own life?
This spring, we invite you to submit original writing of any genre—a poem, story, journal entry, prayer, personal reflection, haiku, etc.—that pays attention to little things.
To get you started, in case it is helpful, here are a few writing prompts. Submissions do not need to be based on these prompts.
· Jesus said, “Consider the lilies.” What other small things in God’s creation might we do well to consider? Pomegranates? Conch shells? Nematodes? In a thought piece or poem, explore the details of a small element of nature you’d like to consider intentionally.
· What small kindness on someone else’s part has made a big difference in your life? Write a personal reflection or journal entry communicating how this has impacted you.
· List 25 – 50 small but important objects in your life, then craft a prayer in gratitude for one or several of them. Alternatively, list and write a poem about 5 – 10 small moments in your day that you’d like to give thanks for.
· As a short story, rewrite the Parable of the Widow’s Mite (Luke 21:1 – 4) in a modern setting, where a main character of your developing gives something small away small that’s in fact extravagant.
· Write a memory of someone important to you who has passed away, using a relevant object you associate with them as a starting point. You may wish to title your piece along the lines of Uncle Ralph’s Chess Set, Susan’s Jade Plant, or My Father’s Slippers.
· Has God ever asked you to do something you felt too small for? Journal honestly about that experience and what you have learned/are learning from it.
Submissions Deadline: May 31st (Monday)
Small Things Writing Workshop – May 8th at 6 pm – In this workshop, we’ll explore through writing how God uses little things in big ways in our lives and in the world around us. With the help of prompts, you’ll have the opportunity to try out a few genres, from journaling to poetry to fiction, without pressure to create anything dazzling or finished. Our goal will be to discover how writing can help us enjoy God’s world and see his hand at work, and to leave with some “starts” that you can develop on your own timeframe if you wish. Email email@example.com Register here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/812854
Find out more about Small Groups here: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/smallgroups/
View our Church Directory here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/directory/people email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added or with questions.
You can give to our online “joy box” here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/giving Or find the app called Church Center
You can request Financial Assistance below for yourself or others. This for anyone needing temporary financial support: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/financial-assistance/
Want to send us a video testimony? Find details and upload your video here: https://forms.gle/PUacuHprF2CPpKsw
Resources referenced during the Sermons: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/resources/