Every Wednesday we send out our weekly announcements via email. This email includes community events, volunteer opportunities, small group announcements, etc. If you would like to receive the weekly announcements, please indicate on the form below.
We also have an email forum that allows members of the community to send out needs and information to whomever else is signed up to receive forum emails. Usually, the forum is used to announce a need for help (for example: “looking for people to help me move a couch on Saturday”), an informal get together (“we are going for a hike if anyone wants to join us”), or in a listings sort of way (“couch for sale”, “looking for a room to rent”). If you’d like to be included in the forum please indicate in the form below.
Announcements & Updates:
Join us online Sundays at 10 AM! Our online service will be aired here: https://wellchurchvt.
Many Beautiful Things, Film Discussion, Friday, Feb 5th at 7 pm
Could you abandon a dream to fulfill your true calling? Many Beautiful Things tells the story of Lilias Trotter, a 19th-century British painter who was on track to becoming a household name when God invited her to pursue a different and surprising path. Be inspired by the true story of a talented artist faced with the biggest decision of her life. Featuring the voices of Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey) and John Rhys-Davies (Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones), and an original score by Sleeping at Last.
Watch the film (for free) at your convenience this week, then join us for a casual discussion of the film here, where we’ll share what stood out to us about Lilias Trotter’s life, art, and words.
Questions you may wish to ponder as you watch the film:
1) Lilias Trotter wrote in her journal, Take the very hardest thing in your life—the place of difficulty, outward or inward and expect God to triumph gloriously in that very spot. Just there He can bring your soul into blossom. Where do you see blossoming taking place out of difficulty in Lilias’ life? What about in your own life?
2) How was the relationship between Lilias Trotter and John Ruskin both nurturing and complex? What holy friendships are you cultivating?
3) What risks do you see Lilias Trotter taking, and what parts of her mission work intrigue or inspire you?
4) For Lilias, the desert felt oppressive and isolating, but she also found it full of adventure and beauty, saying of it, “Everything is so full of God.” In what ways does the Creator teach you or reveal himself to you through creation?
5) Where does Lilias Trotter’s story most intersect with your own? Which of her words, experiences, or decisions speak to your own life?
Find out more about Small Groups here: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/smallgroups/
View our Church Directory here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/directory/people email email@example.com to be added or with questions.
You can give to our online “joy box” here: https://wellchurchvt.churchcenter.com/giving Or find the app called Church Center
You can request Benevolence below. This for anyone needing extra support during this time: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/benevolence-application/
Want to send us a video testimony? Find details and upload your video here: https://forms.gle/PUacuHprF2CPpKsw
Resources referenced during the Sermons: http://www.wellchurchvt.com/resources/