Every Friday we send out our weekly announcement’s via email. This email includes community events, volunteer opportunities, small group announcements, etc. If you would like to receive the weekly announcements, please indicate on the form below.
We also have an email forum that allows members of the community to send out needs and information to the whomever else is signed up to receive forum emails. Usually the forum is used to announce a need for help (for example: “looking for people to help me move a couch on Saturday”), an informal get together (“we are going for a hike if anyone wants to join us”), or in a listings sort of way (“couch for sale”, “looking for a room to rent”). If you’d like to be included in forum please indicate in the form below.
- Weekly email announcements for Church at the Well. For more information, go to www.wellchurchvt.com.
…scroll down for details on each item…
- A Celebration of the Life of Rebecca Ryan, 9/24 (NEW)
- Volunteer Appreciation Party, 9/24 (Time Update)
- Bookmark-Making for Village2Village, 9/29
- Bible Study: “Epistolary Sequels”
- Community Groups
- A Celebration of the Life of Rebecca Ryan, 9/24 (NEW) – As many of you already know, our friend Rebecca Ryan, went to be with Jesus last Saturday. Rebecca was a student at UVM who came to faith in Jesus a couple of years ago, was highly involved with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and attended Church At The Well with her friends from campus. A Celebration of the Life of Rebecca Ryan will take place this Sunday, September 24, at 2:00 PM in the Ira Allen Chapel at the University of Vermont. I hope you can attend to honor & celebrate the life of this very special young lady. Please keep Rebecca’s family & friends in your prayers this week.
- Volunteer Appreciation Party, 9/24 (Time Update) – We don’t thank our volunteers nearly enough for all of their tireless service, so we’re throwing a party in their honor! If you serve at The Well, in any capacity, we invite you to join us for an afternoon of fun! Please bring your spouse & kiddos – and a lawn chair, as those will be limited! Free Hot Dogs, Chilli, Popcorn, Snow Cones and plenty of lawn Games (including a jousting tournament)!WHEN: Sunday, September 24th @ 5PM
WHERE: The Lehman House (46 Isham Circle in Williston)
- Bookmark-Making for Village2Village, 9/29 (NEW) – Friday Sept. 29th 7pm at the Ayers’ home in Shelburne (90 Harrington Ave) – Recently, the director of Village2Village, a Vermont-born organization in Uganda that works with orphaned and vulnerable children, invited our church to pray for and bless the 20 hardworking Ugandan staff members who work with the children day-to-day. Church at the Well is preparing small Christmas packages for each of the staff and would like to include something personal, so we have decided to make them bookmarks—with some help from expert crafters Alana Lambert and Jenn Ayers. Please join us for dessert, fellowship, and some low-key crafting. No crafting experience is necessary, and participants will get to take a bookmark home. For purposes of supplies, which will be provided, RSVPs are appreciated. Email Jenn at [email protected].
- Bible Study: “Epistolary Sequels” – Tuesdays 7:00-8:30PM (corrected from 7:30pm), starting 9/12 – In every case, initial epistles are longer, more accessible, and more often studied. Although the church rarely gives serious consideration to second and third epistles, we’re about to change that. We’ll begin each phase of our study with a one-week overview of one of the five New Testament letters that was the first in a series, then wade in with an in-depth look at the shorter, more challenging, less well-known epistles that came later: 2 Corinthians, 2 Thessalonians, 2 Timothy, 2 Peter, 2 and 3 John. In the process we’ll get to know three different authors and come face-to-face with some of the most challenging material in the New Testament canon.Where: Matt and Suzie’s in South Burlington
To sign-up or for more info email [email protected]
- Community Groups – This Fall we are launching two small groups ,we are calling Community Groups. These groups will have an emphasis on creating… you guessed it, community. Each week will included a discussion around the previous Sunday’s Sermon, a time to share what’s happening in everyone’s lives, and a time to pray for one another.
Group 1: Led by Mike & Laurie Menard
Tuesdays 6:30 – 8:00pm (September 12th – October 31st)
Location: The Lehman’s House (46 Isham Circle, Williston)
For more information email [email protected]
Group 2: Led by Mark Pettersen & Abby Carroll
Wednesdays 6:30 – 8:00pm September 27th – November 15th
Location: The Avery’s house (77 Lamplite Lane, Williston)
For more information email [email protected]
- FOLLOW – Sundays October 1st – November 19th; 1 – 2:30pm – On Sunday October 1st, we will be launching FOLLOW, a class for those who want to know more about who Jesus is and what it means to follow him. We believe the questions, “Who is Jesus ?” and “How can I follow him?” are more relevant than ever. So if you’re new to faith, a skeptic with honest questions about Jesus, or someone who is spiritually curious, FOLLOW will be a great opportunity to learn in conversation around these questions.When? Sundays October 1st – November 19th ; 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Where? The Gallery, Main Street landing (second floor)